Sunday, April 5, 2009

Kia Ora from New Zealand

Well, here i am in sunny Nelson, at the top of the South Island of New Zealand, famous for it's beautiful National parks, seafood, wines, arts and crafts,cafes and sunshine.

My first official outing was to the wedding of my hosts daughter Bethany, where i had pride of place at the bridal table with the beautiful bridesmaids. Here i am with Jessica, Genevieve and Bronte. We had a lovely evening, even had a spin around the dance floor!

Here is a photo of me at a cafe in front of the Nelson Cathedral.


One beautiful sunny day, my hosts took me for a "Tiki tour" and we ended up at Mapua, a little place on the Mapua Estuary that has some lovely cafes. Here i am about to share my hosts steak, mmmm, it was delicious.



This was my seat at the table, it was a beautiful sunny day as you can see.




This day we went out fishing in my hosts boat. This is just one of the many snapper we caught, we had fish for dinner every day. Nelson is a good fishing spot, and the largest fishing port in Australasia.





This one is taken on Seafarer's wharf
in front of the Seafarers Memorial, which is dedicated to all those lost at sea.






And looking the other way towards the yacht club, and cafes.
So, as you can see i have had a lovely few days, the weather was stunning and i have been well looked after. I'm off now to Wellington.....goodbye Nelson.







4 comments:

  1. Bertie was well entertained in Nelson. He certainly ate well. Has he put on a little weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you say to get the bridesmaids laughing Bertie? You're such a cad :)
    Take no notice of Granny, you're not putting weight on, infact you look stick-thin to me. Are you getting enough porridge?
    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you off to now Bertie?

    Fran, you are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure had a great time Bertie, looking forward to you next stop.
    Sandy
    xx

    ReplyDelete